Why is this monthly kit a good investment?
In the midst of a pandemic, many activities and events in person have been canceled. The need for connecting with family is more important than ever. A study done by the Search Institute found that only:
- 24% of teens feel they have the right resources to learn how to feel empowered
- 46% have positive self-esteem
- 29% feel supported
With these eye opening statistics, you can see the need for support from mothers, fathers and other parenting adults. SLB is determined to fix these statistics by bringing families together through their monthly digital family subscription.
Coming together as a family to communicate, bond, and grow in self-love and confidence are a need, as both the mentor and mentee can feel a sense of support, growth and be educated on social and emotional skills.
Studies show that when youth experience strong relationships with their parenting adults, they are more likely to:
- 4 X more likely to have a positive view of themselves
- 3 X more likely to feel like they belong in their community
- 2 X more likely to set and work toward achievable goals
- 2 X more likely to be committed to and enjoy learning